Scottdale Historical Society
Scottdale Historical Society
 

Pittsburgh Street Looking East

The early 1900's photo of Pittsburgh St. looking east shows the Hill House, the two story balconied building on the left.  On the right is the First Five and dime store started by John G. McCrorey in 1887. In the 1960's the Scottdale Elks Lodge NO. 777 razed the former Five and Ten to build their social Hall.  The Hill House and other stores gave way to the Scottdale Savings and Trust after the buildings were all razed in the late 1970's for the town's Mall project.

 

 

What's New

UPCOMING MEETINGS:

The next meeting of the Scottdale Historical Society  will be Tues., September 5, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at the Loucks House.

 

Paint Donations!

We are seeking donations for exterior paint and supplies.  Click Here for more details on how you can help!

 

We are seeking volunteers to help with:

  • Exterior painting and maintenance
  • Event planning and assistance
Print Print | Sitemap
© Scottdale Historical Society