Curious as to what a location looked like in Scottdale before something new took its place? Take a look back and see how our towns history has changed.
Graft-Jacquillard Funeral Home
Today we all recognize the photo on the right as the Graft-Jacquillard Funeral Home on the corner of Pittsburgh and Chestnut. The image on the right shows the original Victorian design before it was changed to its more colonial design in the 1940's. MORE >>
Pittsburgh Street Looking East
The early 1900's photo of Pittsburgh St. looking east shows the Hill House, the two story balconied building on the left. On the right is the First Five and dime store started by John G. McCrorey in 1887. In the 1960's the Scottdale Elks Lodge NO. 777 ... MORE >>
Spring and Pittsburgh Streets
The corner of Pittsburgh and Spring Street has had many changes since Scottdale was incorporated in 1874.
Early records list the First Baptist Church was built and dedicated May 9, 1876. The lot was donated by William Everson; senior member of Everson, Macrum and Co. As the church prospered, a larger structure was needed... MORE >>
Historical Society meetings are currently postponed due to Covid-19. Please check back soon for announcements.
We are seeking donations for exterior paint and supplies. Click Here for more details on how you can help!
We are seeking volunteers to help with: