The Scottdale Historical Society is a 501 (c)3 organization and our only means of support is through the generosity of people in the community who understand the importance of protecting and preserving the rich history of our community. Your donations are tax deductable.
Here is our current wish list. We will post the status of these wishes a regular basis. The dollar amount is the cost if we buy the item. Any financial donation can help purchase the items or meet other needs including the everyday running expenses.
- Gift Cards for Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware or Wal-Mart are helpful for emergency and miscellaneous items.
- Items donated as a tribute, may be recognized with a small placard.
As always, you may contact us for more information or to grant our wishes!
• Volunteer with grant writing experience to help find and submit grant applications
• Volunteers to help with fundraising events
• Volunteers to help with building and property maintenance
• Exterior landscaping , trimming shrubs, weeding, lawn care, landscaping tools
• Painting , scraping, repair exterior trim
• Painting supplies - brushes, rollers, scrapers, paint and more
• Gravel or black top for parking and driveway area
• Energy efficient window air conditioners.
• Two 42-inch white ceiling fans
• Furniture: Three dresser and mirrors, 42-to-54-inch with Victorian, Eastlake, or neo-classic designs
• Three wooden wardrobes. Victorian to 1920 design
• Two vanity dressing tables, vintage pre 1930’s and earlier design.
• Fruitwood finish curio or narrow china
• Electric can opener, coffee maker
• Sets of clear water glasses, (could use more!) metal silver/flatware
Historical Society meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month and start at 6:30 p.m. If you have interest in attending, please email us.
We are seeking donations for exterior paint and supplies. Click Here for more details on how you can help!
We are seeking volunteers to help with: