Scottdale celebrates our 150 year anniversary; incorporated in February 1874. Our borough’s roots were started in a town known as Fountain Mills. Much of the following information is from the 25th Anniversary souvenir book published in 1899. More>>
The Great Paint Donation
The Historic Loucks Homestead, located at 527 North Chestnut Street, is undergoing an extensive painting and restoration project to the exterior of the home. The exterior will be painted in a period appropriate color scheme to highlight some of the architectural details around the gables, dormers and windows. More >>
The Scottdale Historical society is thrilled with the renovation of the Louck's Homestead Kitchen. Jonathan Fox with Preservation Carpentry is a talented carpenter, and his attention to detail and preservation is incredible. More>>
The Scottdale Historical Society was thrilled to work with A.S.K. Construction on their roof project. The Society was being pro-active on maintaining the late 1880's roof on the Loucks homestead. More>>
Around Scottdale and Everson
"Around Scottdale and Everson," compiled by Paul E. Eckman and Tom Zwierzelewski with the Scottdale Historical Society. A compilation of history and photographs include images of long-gone buildings and scenes from the community's heyday. More>>
The Scottdale Historical Society “SHS” Plaque Program serves as a visual symbol of civic pride and is meant to signify respect and appreciation for the historic value of our properties. It calls attention to structures of architectural or historical significance that are one hundred or more years old thus honoring our community’s heritage. Click here to download a PDF of the brochure.
South Broadway Manor Thrilled
The owner and managers of South Broadway Manor were thrilled with their participation in our annual Christmas House Tour. See a PDF of their letter.
A Treasure Preserved
A pump organ built in Scottdale and played for many years in a home on South Broadway has been donated to the historical society.The Rev. Ray Beal, a descendant of the Joseph Loucks family, pictured at left, inherited it and restored it more than 40 years ago. The functioning pump organ, built about 1891 by a short-lived manufacturer has a new home in the parlor of the Loucks House on South Chestnut Street.
Historical Society meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month and start at 6:30 p.m. If you have interest in attending, please email us.
We are seeking donations for exterior paint and supplies. Click Here for more details on how you can help!
We are seeking volunteers to help with: